Lilly's Sixth Month Update
2. Weight/length/clothing size being worn: 14ish lb, haven't weighed her recently, though I've been tempted to put her in those fruit scales at the grocery store! Lol. 25ish inches, fitting really well into 3-6 clothes and some of the pants are starting to get too short, but she is tall and skinny so they barely stay up! I'm sure the 6-9 would just fall right off. But she's grown through her 3-6 clothes in just over 4 weeks.
3. Food! What kind? Mostly formula now, I think this morning might've been our last time breastfeeding. My supply took a big dive when she stopped being interested in nursing a month ago and refused to eat, and now I think I'm doing it more for me than her...we were only nursing once a day anyway. But I made it to six months! I'm really proud of myself! I will still pump for her until I completely dry up.
She's also been getting vegetables, she's had sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peas, and carrots, and some fruit, apples and pears. She loves her fruit!
4. Sleep habits: 8pm-8am, 11-12:30, 3-5 or 5:30. She is very regular with her naps and sleeping at night.
5. Any "changing table" issues? Yesterday she had such a big poo we had to stick her under the faucet in the bathtub and rinse her off because I have no idea where I would've even STARTED otherwise. It was everywhere!
6. Milestones: She is sitting really well and getting her balance, she sat for 10 minutes the other day by herself while I played with her and didn't lose her balance once. She is getting so close to crawling, yesterday I was doing something in the kitchen and looked in on her in the living room, and she was up on her hands and feet with her butt up in the air, rocking back and forth. She fell over, but it's only going to be a few days with how she learns stuff. She is already zooming backwards all over everything. Right now she's just learned to pull her toy bug that plays music (and earned her the nickname Lillybug courtesy of my 2 1/2 year old nephew, lol). And there it goes again! I'm so proud of her. She is so smart.
7. What's driving you crazy?: Nothing about Lilly or the family really, but we are running into problem after problem with my husband's schooling and right now it's that he can't get financial aid for next semester because of a stupid form, and the lady who's supposed to have the form did the paperwork wrong and she refuses to get the form or fix it, and it makes me mad because he SHOULD have graduated this year but didn't because of the school's BS. So this SHOULDN'T be an issue. Now we're going to have to spend Lilly's college fund on hubby, and HOPEFULLY that and our savings will cover it.
8. What has been going well/making you happy? The weather has been just gorgeous here! It hasn't snowed in over a week! So we've been going for lots of walks and that's been really nice for me because I can get out and exercise and hopefully lose this last 15lbs of baby weight, then lose the other 15lbs I wanted to lose before I GOT pregnant.
9. How are you doing in general? Last week I was really crampy and nauseous, it went away friday night and I got my period saturday morning, as well as a nasty cold! The congestion has gone away but now I have a lovely cough that my asthma will probably turn into bronchitis for the millionth time.
10. Are your health and weight loss concerns going well? Well everyone keeps telling me my weight looks like it's melting off but I haven't lost anything in about a month! Rawr! But I am going to my mom's tonight (at 11pm, a 12 hour drive...hubby thinks Lilly will sleep the whole way there this way, hopefully he'll be right), and she is a lot more supportive of my dieting than hubby is.
11. Anything else not covered in the above: We took Lilly swimming for the first time on Saturday and she LOVED it! She is a little fish. Since I showed her how to splash in the pool now she splashes in her tub, lol. But I am glad she likes water. She's also teething and I wish the stupid things would just poke through, she's getting her canines first and they keep starting to poke through and then the gum swells back around them, I just wish it could be overwith!
And right now she was whining in the swing so I told her she was being a "turd" and she apparently thought that was hilarious...now everytime I say it she busts up laughing.
Playing in her room
Bath time, her bathtub is an inflatable duck, and it quacks when you squeeze its beak.
Riding her very own pony, "Twinkle Toes" all by herself